Food matters

Food is something you can put in a lot of creativity. My husband, being a researcher never agrees to it.  With my creativity it is impossible to reproduce the same taste. Well, am less bothered by those comments as I am not trying to produce some data or results to prove any theory as he would in his lab. All I am trying to do is to get something cooked for good health. So my voyage through kitchen and cooking is usually random. I stick to no rules and my ingredients basically hang around what is required to be eaten in terms of protein and carbohydrates.

If you try a hundred times, you are bound to strike the target at least a few times. With all my random experiments I too succeed to get an incredible combination of ingredients that produces mouth watering taste. Schade, I can hardly reproduce the same as I forget what I had used after a while. So I thought of a solution that could help me reproduce the recipe when I want to. The solution is that I can post my trials on my blog. Don't blame me if you follow my recipe and land up tasting something crappy. I can assure you it is gonna be healthy ;).

Here is Chitranna with a twist. This is for those who like the taste of Kasuri methi and Lemon.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup rice
8 soya chunks
1/2 cup onion
3-4 green chillies
1 spoon ginger garlic paste
1 and 1/2 tbl spns lemon juice
1/2 tea spn mustard seeds
1/2 tea spn flax seeds
4 tea spoon kasuri methi
4 tea spoon Drumstick leaves
2 tbl spoon Channa dal
A pinch turmeric
1 tea spoon oil
Salt to taste

Step 1 : Cook rice with soya chunks and keep it aside. 


Step 2 : Take oil in as pan add mustard and flax seeds. When mustard starts busting add channa dal fry till it turns a little brown. Then add ginger garlic paste fry a bit, then add kasuri methi, drumstick leaves and a pinch of turmeric. Mix well so you can see turmeric blending well. Add chopped onions, chillies (don't forget to turn the exhaust on :P) and salt to taste. Fry till onion is cooked. 

Step 3 : Add lemon and rice.There you have a yummy chitranna.

You may add grated coconut and coriander leaves at the end if you like to.

You need 30 min - 40 min to prepare. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಹಾಡು, ಇದೇ ಹೊಸ ಹಾಡು

ಹೊಸ ಬೆಳಕಿನ ಹೊಸ ಗಾಳಿಯ ಹೊಸ ಬಾಳನು ತಾ ಅತಿಥಿ